CK055 | Sawby, Scott | Self-Lock Folder
- Blade Length - 2.365"
- Closed Length - 3.410"
- Overall Length - 5.775"
- Blade Thickness - .088"
- Blade Width - .750"
- Blade Steel - Unknown
- Handle Material - Cocobolo
- Bolster / Guard Material - Double Aluminum Bolsters
- Liners - Stainless Steel
- Spacer(s) - Stainless Steel
- Blade Finish - Mirror Polished
- Lock Mechanism - Sawby Self-Lock Mechanism
- Clip - None
- Thumb Stud(s) - None, Nail Nick
- Weight -
- Sheath - None
- Comments - This folder features Scott's patented self-lock mechanism. The self-lock gets its name from the fact that the blade locks itself in position; it is the only moving part besides a spring and ball bearing detent. When the checkered surface of the release is depressed the base of the blade shifts upward and unlocks. In the locked position pressure on the cutting edge will not unlock it, but in fact locks it more securely with a binding action. The lock mechanism is contained within the base of the blade and recessed into the front bolsters. It is packed with grease and sealed against the entry of dirt.